If you are a bookworm like me, you are constantly trying to find new material to get your hands on, whether it be fiction, non-fiction, poems, newspaper articles, etc. I have read so many things, and many of which people don't know about, so I thought I might share!
Although The Hunger Games Trilogy is now really big, I know so many people who have't even heard about it, and with the release of the 'Catching Fire' movie nearing, I thought I should spread the word!
The Hunger Games is a Dystopian fiction, based in a post-apocalyptic world. There are twelve districts, and each focus on a certain trade point to give to the Capitol. Katniss Everdeen, from District 12- The Mining District, which is also the poorest, is the heroine, her younger sister Primrose is reaped to enter a death match for children between the ages of 12-18 where only one person returns, Katniss, being the older sister she is, volunteers to take her place. Peeta Mellark, who is 16 like Katniss, is reaped out of the males, and they are whisked of to get ready in the capitol. They train with weapons, but Katniss and Peeta are told by their drunken mentor Haymitch to keep their skills a secret. They prepare for whatever the arena throws at them. Peeta, being his charming self helps gain them sponsors and portrays them as lovers. In the arena, terrors await. Kill or Be Killed. They stare death in the face. Who will survive?
Read Catching Fire for me of the arena excitement, and then Mockingjay as you see a war brewing.

No comments:
Post a Comment